To be eligible for membership in NARI-BIE, applicants must have a minimum of one year in business within 25 miles of the Pottstown area; or, immediately prior to submission of the application, applicant must have been working for one or more years in the employ of a current NARI-BIE member who will sponsor the membership. Applicant businesses must carry general liability insurance and, where applicable, worker’s compensation insurance. Insurance certificates must accompany the application.
Applicants must be eighteen years of age or older and must satisfy the inquiries of the membership committee in its investigation of the ability and responsibility of the applicant in the operation of his or her craft or business. Applicants must conduct business in an ethical manner and in compliance with all rules and regulations of applicable local, regional, state, and federal governing bodies. Members hold BIE harmless of any failure in said capacities.
Download and print our NARI-BIE Application
- Inclusion in the widely-circulated Directory of Construction Information that lists members and their products and services alphabetically and by trade classification, distributed to the public free of charge
- Subscription to the timely and informative BIE newsletter
- Plan room services
- Notices of jobs for bid
- Resumes on file and employment opportunity postings
- Discounts on Home Show exhibit space
- Discounts on recreation such as Dorney Park/Wildwater Kingdom
- Optional guaranteed-issue employer/employee health, life, and disability insurance, with no exclusions for pre-existing conditions and no medical questions
- Free exposure on weekly cable TV program
- NEW: Low cost simple one-page website hosting
- Eligibility for the Craftsmanship & Design Awards
- Free fax and conference room use
- Business, safety, and technical seminars
- Networking opportunities
- Toolbelt Trade Forums (AKA “Saw and Hammer Roundtables“)
- Inclusion in the online “Find a Contractor” directory
- Plan Copying Services
For all that contractors do, the BIE’s for you!